Tuesday, July 1, 2008


" Black as the devil
hot as hell
pure as an angel
sweet as love."
-Talleyrand
Now, if that was a description of a perfect cup of coffee, and there is a serious compromise in my office.
The biggest culprit being the cafe down stairs which "sells" magazines and newspapers (hence a kindly worded sign infront of them saying 'don't take it unless you're going to buy it.').
Love and Angels aside their coffee taste and smells like the devil, and the temperature of their milk somehow lacks the qualities of hell. (Sometimes the luke warm milk is accompanied by some funky smell.) To top this the take away plastic caps somehow malfunctions every morning and I end up with a lavish pattern of latte on my top. ( those who have seen it knows this.)
Perhaps a good cup of coffee is too much to ask at $2.50.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Despite the shit coffee, I see you are still alive

... see, I told you I would check!